TAUGHT BY: Class of Public Health
Duration associated with the program having a study load that is full-time. Learning part-time shall extend the period of one’s course.
If period is certainly not available (N/A) the providing may participate a bigger program.
This program was designed to offer expert understanding and abilities when you look at the certain section of sexology. You can expect to examine research that is recent relates to the biological, mental and social facets of individual sex, and you’ll additionally learn different research techniques.
You’re going to be supplied with a comprehensive background on sexology, an in-depth overview of intimate and reproductive general general public health conditions, an introduction to forensic sexology, and a way to explore sexology from social views. Furthermore, you will definitely review your attitudes and values in a sex-positive environment.
Take note: Media product of the nature that is sexually graphic utilised in this program.
Please relate to the handbook for extra program overview information.
Everything you’ll learn
- use maxims and ideas of sexology along with other disciplines that are associated as general public wellness, biology, behavioural sciences, ethics as well as the legislation to research and training
- interpret and critically analyse topics and dilemmas highly relevant to sexology; think artistically to create revolutionary methods to market healthy sexuality that is human
- access, evaluate and synthesise information that is relevant the training of sexology; demonstrate abilities in ethical thinking
- keep in touch with specialists and community users to market sexology making use of effective written and oral interaction; improve sexology research towards the clinical community utilizing effective types of interaction
- effectively utilize new and technologies that are existing gather information, analyse information and communicate; accumulate and manage information ethically and effectively
- demonstrate cap ability in interdependent and learning that is self-directed professional development in the area of sexology
- recognise and use perspectives that are international maxims to sexology
- demonstrate understanding and respect for specific human being liberties and diversity that is cultural
- work professionally and ethically across a selection of settings; show a level that is advanced of and leadership
Why research Graduate Diploma in Sexology
- Integrate understanding of the biological, emotional and social facets of peoples sex into the expert control.
- This program keeps exceptional affiliations that are professional. They attract neighborhood, interstate and students that are international ensuring greater networking possibilities beyond Perth and Australia.
- Our sexology program ended up being granted the prestigious World Association for Sexual wellness ‘Award for Excellence & Innovation in Sexuality Education’ for 2007. That is just awarded every couple of years and it is very competitive along with programs around the world eligible to use. Curtin ended up being the very first college to win this prize.
Upon graduation perhaps you are entitled to account regarding the community of Australian Sexologists (SAS), that will be user worldwide Association for Sexual wellness. You might get a professional name being a Psychosexual Therapist and/or Sexuality Educator from SAS after conclusion of guidance needs. Demands for such games far away differ.
Our graduates established jobs in a lot of areas, including:
- Sex therapy, education, research and consultancy
- son or daughter and elder security
- intimate wellness policy development
- peoples liberties
- cyber-safety training
- wellness advertising
- youth work
- medical and danger management
- forensic assessment.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
Australia / Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
A degree that is recognised one of many wellness occupations, social work or welfare studies, psychology, theology, training, behavioural sciences, including sociology, anthropology or biological sciences or related areas.
You will have to provide information that is supplementary the application.
Curtin calls for all candidates to show proficiency in English. Certain English needs because of this program are as outlined within the IELTS dining table below. More information as to how you’ll meet with the requirement that is english be located in the English proficiency web page.
|IELTS Academic (Global English Language mail-order-bride.biz – find your indian bride Testing System)|
|general musical organization rating||7.0|
Pearson Test of English Academic: 60
Certification in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
Crucial program prerequisites
A bachelor level in a expert wellness industry, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, training, biological sciences or behavioural sciences, including sociology or anthropology.
It is important to submit additional information with the job.
If you should be learning in Australia for a pupil visa, you need to learn on-campus and full-time.
Other needs and records because of this course
The intake that is mid-year part-time research just. This may extend the program extent. Mid-year consumption just isn’t offered to worldwide pupils.
Besides the admission that is course-specific mentioned above, please read our basic admission criteria. Our basic admission criteria connect with all courses at Curtin University.
Advanced standing credit that is / recognition of previous learning
Australia / Brand Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
At Curtin, we realize that everyone’s scholarly research journey was various.
You might have previously studied some of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin course, or perhaps you could have work experience that fits their education needs.
If this pertains to you, you can easily submit an application for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means that your past research is recognised and compared against a comparable device in your intended Curtin program.
A effective CRL application exempts you against needing to finish particular devices in your program and means you can complete your level in a reduced period of time.
CRL can be referred to as recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to learn how CRL that is much be eligible for a, or call us at:
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 1300 222 888
At Curtin, we recognize that everyone’s research journey is various.
You might have already examined a few of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program at another institution that is educational or perhaps you might have work experience that fits the amount demands.
A successful CRL application exempts you against needing to finish specific devices inside your program and means you might complete your level in a reduced timeframe.
CRL can also be called recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to discover just exactly just how CRL that is much be eligible for, or call us at: